We Want You to Come Tell Your Story at the MAD Academy
Please follow the admissions instructions below. We want everyone but are limited by teaching resources
and facilities space to approximately 90 new students each year.
DEADLINE: January 28th, 2019
Required Application Information
- Contact Information
- Physical + Mailing Address, Phone Numbers, Emails. (both students and parents)
- Short Essay Responses (200 word maximum, each)
- Describe one of your most significant experiences and how it has affected your life.
- Please describe your college or career plans and how you plan to achieve them.
Required Supplemental Information
- Parents of applicants who are not currently enrolled at Santa Barbara High School are required to include a transcript from their child’s current school with this application. This can be scanned and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Interviews in the MAD Academy are mandatory following the Student Application. MAD Admissions will be emailing all applicants with the Group Interview dates. Students along with their parent/guardian are required to attend.
- Intradistrict Transfers. If you live outside of the Santa Barbara High School attendance area, please make sure that you apply for an intradistrict transfer by the deadline of January 19th, 2018. For more information about the intradistrict transfer process, click here: http://tinyurl.com/gmxmukf
- Once the application is started, information cannot be saved or revisited at a later time. Please have all required information prepared.