We Thank All of Our Generous Donors who
Make the MAD Academy Possible
Volunteer efforts and financial support is essential because the school district and Santa Barbara City College
cover the costs of teachers and facilities only
Please Donate to the MAD AcademyDonations provide all the extras that make MAD unique, engaging, and innovative. We rely on parents and community donors to fund computers, cameras, grip and lighting equipment, supplies, trips, facilities and student support services. These items that make MAD so special are made possible only because individuals and organizations donate to the MAD Academy. Financial contributions to the MAD Academy are entirely voluntary, and not a condition of participation in the program. However, your generous donations will ensure that we are able to continue providing amazing resources and opportunities. For clarity, donations to MAD cover the costs of the items below:
- Equipment Purchases, Repairs, Upgrades
- Student Support Services
- Operations, Supplies, and Furniture
Donations can also be taken by check, cash, or credit card at the MAD Academy office. Please contact Pablo Sweeney (p: 805-966-7918 e: email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Donation ConsiderationsMAD can provide a charitable contribution form for your records, but does not assure your donation is tax deductible. Please consult your accountant. Santa Barbara Unified School District (SBUSD) requires the following statement: California law and SBUSD board policies require that the donations used to fund school-related activities be truly voluntary. No student will be excluded from participating in any school-related activities because the student or their parents has not made a donation. Any suggested donation amount is also voluntary. If you choose to make a donation, you can make it in any amount you deem appropriate. No donations will be returned to you if your child decides or is unable to participate in the program to which you donated.
The MAD Producers CircleThe Academy’s board members established the Producers Circle as a way to thank generous supporters who have made a donation of $5,000 or more in a single year. Financial contributions may be made in a variety of ways, included but not limited to the Annual Fund and the Gala, and the combination of gifts must add up to $5,000.
Benefits of Joining the Producers Circle
- Members will be celebrated at a very special thank-you party.
- Members will be invited to MAD events throughout the year, including our visiting speakers series.
- Members may vote for the recipient(s) of the Producers Circle Scholarship Fund, awarded to deserving graduating seniors each spring.
- Members receive recognition and appreciation at all events, and their names will be posted on the website, all appreciation materials, and on the digital donor wall.
- Members will enjoy a VIP experience at the MAD Gala.
- Members will receive a 20% discount on studio lease rates and equipment rentals.