The Multimedia Arts and Design Academy is a distinctive educational community within Santa Barbara High School. We prepare our students for college and the workplace by providing both traditional and interdisciplinary project-based learning in the evolving field of media arts and technology. The Academy’s collaborative environment emphasizes critical thinking, creativity, meaningful community service and the development of leadership skills. Academic excellence is pursued in smaller classes with state of the art equipment. We value integrity, teamwork and a passion for learning that prepares our diverse student body to succeed in the global community.
The MAD Academy media art curriculum is currently focused on the areas of digital imaging, graphic design, social media/web design, digital photography, video editing and video production. Learn more about MAD’s classes and curriculum or the college credit offered.
Prepare for Life
- Take AP Courses and Graduate with a Year of College Credits
- Learn Marketable Skills Taught by Industry Professionals
- Work in Teams and Collaborate with Community Professionals
- Make a Difference Through Community Service in Mexico and Beyond
- 100% of Our Students Graduate
- 100% of Our Students are UC Eligible
- 99% Go on to Universities